Triam udomsuksa Bangkok Thailand
1983-1989 M.D., Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
1992-1995: Orthopedic Residency, Institute of orthopedic, Lerdsin General Hospital, Department of Medical service, Ministry of Public Health, Bangkok, Thailand
1995-1997: Spine Specialist and Attending staff, Institute of orthopedic, Lerdsin General Hospital, Department of Medical service, Ministry of Public Health, Bangkok, Thailand
Postgraduate Fellowship Training
1997-1999: Certificate in Surgical Spine Fellow, University of Missouri- Columbia, Missouri State, USA
- December, 1995 (2 weeks) AO Basic Course, Davos, Switzerland.
- July, 1997 – June, 1999 (2 years): Surgical spine fellowship Program, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA.
- March 10-11, 2005 The combined prodisc cervical and lumbar spine arthroplasty course, Singapore
- May 30-31, 2005 Charite Disc Live Surgery Visitation, Seoul, Korea.
- April 2-5, 2006 Minimal Access Surgical Technology and Pedicle Screw Technique (Speaker and Surgical Demonstration), Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
- September 28- October 2, 2009 MIS live Surgery Program at Singapore General Hospital (SGH), Singapore.
- November 19-20, 2009 Endoscopic Spine Surgery, Strasbourg, France.
- February 15-19, 2010 Cervical Total Disc Replacement Live Surgery at Helios Kliniken Hospital , Schwerin, St Vinzenz-Krankenhaus Hospital,Duesseldorf and Staedtisches Klinikum Bogenhausen,Munich, Germany
- June 27-28, 2013. International Mobidays session (cervical and lumbar disc prosthesis live surgeregy), Strasbourg, France
- June 1997 (2 weeks) Osteoporosis annual meeting, Washington DC, USA.
- September 1997 (1 week) Scoliosis Research Society 32nd Annual Meeting, louis, Missouri, USA.
- June 15-18, 2000 World Congress on Osteoporosis 2000, Navy Pier, Chicago, USA.
- October 18-21, 2000 Scoliosis Research Society 35th Annual Meeting, Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
- April 7-8, 2001 Management of Osteoporosis – The Role of Miacalcic Today and in the Future, Athens, Greece.
- September 4-8, 2001 3rd Annual meeting of the EuroSpine, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- May 23-25, 2002 9th International Meeting on Advanced SPINE Techniques, Montreux, Switzerland.
- July 10-12, 2003 10th International Meeting on Advanced SPINE Techniques, Rome, Italy.
- October 1-4, 2003 5th Annual meeting of the EuroSpine, Prague, Czech Republic.
- May 30-June 5, 2004 Spineweek 2004, Porto, Portugal.
- September 21-24, 2005 7th Annual meeting of the EuroSpine, Barcelona, Spain..
- October 25-28, 2006 Spine Society Of Europe, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Nov 5-9, 2006 The 17th international Bone Densitometry workshop, Kyoto, Japan.
- May 1-4, 2007 Global Symposium on Motion Preservation Technology, Berlin, Germany.
- September 9-12, 2007 17th Annual scientific meeting. Building better bone, Queenstown, New Zealand.
- October 2-6, 2007 Spine Society Of Europe, Brussels, Belgium.
- May 26-31, 2008 Spine week, Geneva, Switzerland.
- June 3-7, 2008 The 1st World congress of Minimally invasive spine surgery & technique (WCMISST), Honolulu, Hawaii USA.
- October 21-24, 2009 Eurospine 2009, Warsaw, Poland.
- May 27-30, 2010, The 83rd Annual Meeting of the Japanese Orthopaedic Association, Tokyo, Japan.
- August 18-20, 2011 The 11th Pacific and Asian Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Busan, Korea.
- October 19-21,2011 Eurospine 2011, Milan, Italy.
- May 2012 Spine week Amsterdam, Netherland
- November 8-9, 2012 The 6th Asia Pacific Cervical Spine Society Meeting ( APCSS) Empress Convention Center, Chiangmai, Thailand
- October 2-4, 2013 Eurospine 2013,Liverpool, United Kingdom
- July 8-11, 2015 22th International Meeting on Advanced SPINE Technique, Kualalumpur, Malasia
1989-1992 : Internship, Northern Drug Dependence and Treatment, Chiangmai, Thailand
1995-1997 : Attending Staff of Institute of Orthopaedics, Lerdsin General Hospital, Department of Medical service, Ministryof Public Health Bangkok, Thailand
1999-2009 : Specialist in spinal surgery of Institute of Orthopaedics,Lerdsin General Hospital, Department of Medical service, Ministry of Public Health Bangkok, Thailand
2010-Present Head of Spinal unit and Spine Fellow Training Program of Institute of Orthopaedics, Lerdsin General Hospital, Department of Medical service, Ministry of Public HealthBangkok, Thailand
Membership in Organization
1989 Member of Thai Medical Council
1995 Member of Royal College of Orthopaedic Surgeon of Thailand
2010 Member of Spine Society of Thailand
Secretary of Spine society of Thailand ( SST) 2010-2012
- Kunakonsawat, S., Lee Chavengvong. S., Witoonchart, K., Thuvasethakul, P., Uerpairojkkit, C., An Anatomic Study of the lateral Supramallrolar Flap, Journal of Thai Orthopaedic Association, Vol. 20 No 2, September 1995, PP32-39
- Eldin Karailovic, Sombat Kunakornsawat, Robert W. Gaines; Landmarks to Intraoperatively Localize the Poserior Entrance to the Cervical Pedicle, The North America Spine Society’s 13thAnnual Meeting Oct 28-31, 1998 in San Franciso, CA, USA.
- Karaikovic EE, Kunakornsawat S, Daubs MD, Madsen TW, Gaines RW Jr; Surgical anatomy of the cervical pedicles: landmarks for posterior cervical pedicle entrance localization, Journal Spinal Disorders, Vol. 13 No 1, February 2000, PP63-72
- Michael R. Viau, B.Bus Tarbox, W. Yingsakmongkol, Kunakornsawat, E. Karaikovic, Robert W. Gaines; Funnel technique for pedicular screw insertion, The 4th combined Meeting of Spinal and Paediatric Sections of WPOA Oct 20-23, 1999 Pattaya, Thailand.
- Heng P., Satiraungkul V., Kunakornsawat S., Winmoon C., The Correlation Between the Severity of Lumbar Disc Herniation and the Clinical Presentartions, Journal of the Lerdsin Hospital, Vol. 3 No 1, January 2000, PP23-28
- Sermkiatipont C., Satiraungkul V., Kunakornsawat S., Wisuttipol P., Winmoon C., Harrington Rod Instrumentation with Segmental Spinal Process Wiring in Burst Fractures : an allternative technique, Journal of the Lerdsin Hospital, Vol. 3 No 1, January 2000, PP29-39
- Dumkum P., Trongnumchai R., Satiraungkul V., Kunakornsawat S., Comparative Study of the Effectiveness of Direct Epidural Morphine Administration to Intravenous Tramadol for Postoperative Pain Treatment in Spinal Surgery, Journal of the Lerdsin Hospital, Vol. 3 No 1, January 2000, PP40-47
- Natesangtip Y., Kunakornsawat S., Compression Cervical Myelopathy due to Calcium Pyrophosphate Dihydrate Deposition Disease : A Case Report, The Bulletin of Lampang Hospital, Vol. 21 No 1, January – April 2000, PP41-46
- Saengpanich W., Prasatritha T., Sathira-Angkura V., Kunakornsawat, Winmoon C., Sripodjanat J., Lumbar disc herniation: The correlation between the root tension signs, the plain radiographs and the MR Images, with the operative findings, Journal of the Lerdsin hospital, Vol 3 No 2 July 2000, PP 47-58.
- Winmoon C., Sathira-Angkura V., Kunakornsawat S., Prasartritha T., Result of closing wedge osteotomy correction of kyphotic defomity in ankylosing spondylitis, Journal of the Lerdsin hospital, Vol 3 No 2 July 2000, PP 84-94.
- Kunakornsawat S., Sathira-Angkura V., Winmoon C., Traumatic Atlantoxial rotatory subluxation in Adult: A case report, Journal of the Lerdsin hospital, Vol 4 No 3 January 2001, PP107-113.
- Sathira-Angkura V., Kunakornsawat, Chotirosniramit N. Lumbosacral Dislocation Associated with Sacral Fracture : A Case Report, The Journal of the ASEAN Orthopaedic Association, Vol 12 No. 2 July 1998, PP22-24.
- Kunakornsawat S., Wanaseangsagul., Throngnumchai R., Winmon C., Sathira-Angkura V., Prasartritha T. Intrathecal Morphine Admisnistration as an Postopertive Pain Control for the Posterior Lumbar Spine Surgeries: A Prospective, Randomized, Double-blind Study, Journal of Lerdsin hospital, 5 No 6 July 2002, PP28-35.
- Sathira-Angkura V., Winmoon C., Kunakornsawat S. Operative Results of Open-Door Laminoplasty for the Management of Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy, The Thai Journal of Orthopaedic surgery, Vol 27 No.2 September 2002, PP74-79.
- Sathira-Angkura V., Kunakornsawat S., Winmoon C. Prolonged Survival after Traumatic Atlanto-occipital Dislocation: A Case Report, The Thai Journal of Orthopaedic surgery, Vol 27 No.2 September 2002, PP91-97.
- Winmoon C., Sathira-Angkura V., Kunakornsawat S. Fracture-Dislocation of the Glenohumeral Joint in a 2-Year-Old Child: Case report, The Journal of TRAUMA Injury, Infection, and Critical Care,Vol 54 No.2 February 2003, PP372-375.
- Kunakornsawat S., Ngamlamaidt K., Tungsiripat R., Prasartritha T. The Relationship of Facet Tropism to Lumbar Disc Herniation. J Med Assoc Thai 2007: 90(7): 1337-41
- Kunakornsawat S., Watcharananan I., Tungsiripat , Prasartritha T. Operative Results of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis in Lerdsin Hospital. J Med Assoc Thai 2007: 90(7): 1443-9
- Prasartritha T., Kunakornsawat S., Setpakdi A. Number and Hip fracture Incidence Rates in Thailand, Thai Population Association Meeting 2009.
- Prasartritha T., Kunakornsawat S., Setpakdi A. An unusual cause of ostrochondral defect lesion following an open patellar fracture: a case report with 20-year follow-up European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 2009: 1633-8065(print) 1432-1068(online)
- Prasartritha T., Kunakornsawat S., Tungsiripat R., Jump J., Throngnumchai R. A prospective randomized trial comparing epidural morphine through intraoperatively placed epidural catheter and intravenous morphine in major lumbar spinal surgery. J spinal Disord Tech. 2010 Dec
- Sathira-Angkura V., Kunakornsawat S., Assawachutithamrong B., Tungsiripat R., Two-year outcome of hydroxyapatite mixed with autogenous bone marrow and local bone graft for posterolateral lumbar fusion, J Med Assoc Thai 2011 Sep
- Kunakornsawat S., Thoracic Osteochondroma with Spinal Cord compression with Hereditary Multiple Exostoses: Case Report, Bulletin of the department of medical services, 34 No. 7 July 2009, PP 563-567
- Kunakornsawat S, Prasartritha T, Korbsook P, Vannaprasert N, Tungsiripat R, Tansatit T . Variations of the Iliolumbar and Ascending Lumbar Veins. J Spinal Disord Tech 2012 Dec;25(8):433-6
- Sathira-Angkura V , Pithankuakul K , Sakulpipatana S , Piyaskulkaew C , Kunakornsawat S . Validity and reliability of an adapted Thai version of Scoliosis Research Society-22 questionnaire for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Spine 2012 Apr; 37(9):783-7.
- Weera Sudprasert,Sombat Kunakornsawat. A Preliminary Study of Three and Four Levels Degenerative Cervical Spondylosis Treated with Peek Cages and Anterior Cervical Plate. J Med Assoc Thai 2012 Jul ;95(7):909-16
- Kunakornsawat S, Kirinpanu A, Piyaskulkaew C, Sathira-Angkura V. A comparative study of radiographic results using HEALOS collagen-hydroxyapatite sponge with bone marrow aspiration versus local bone graft in the same patients undergoing posterolateral lumbar fusion J Med Assoc Thai. 2013 Aug;96(8):929-35
- Kunakornsawat S, Sathira-Angkura V, Prasartritha T, Sudprasert V, Tungsiripat R. The Treatment of Flexion Myelopathy of the Thoracic Spine in Pierre Robin Sequence; A Case Report. J Med Assoc Thai.2015;98(10):1041-4
- Kunakornsawat S, Prasartritha T, Pruttikul P, Piyaskulkaew C, Pluemvitayaporn T. The Age Significant of Lumbar Disc Extrusion or Sequestration: A Systemic Review Literature. International Journal of Orthopaedics 2015 Oct 23 2(5): 421-426
- Kiatisavi P, Piyaskulkaew C, Kunakornsawat S, Sukuntahnak B. What Are The Functional Outcomes After Total Sacrectomy Without Spinnopelvic Reconstruction? Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016 Feb 24
Guest Lecturer Topics
- Spinal Stenosis ,The 6th Spinal Symposium Cervical Spine Injury 2002, 30-31 January. Phisanulok
- Surgical treatment of degenerative scoliosis, Comprehensive spine course 2002, 10-12 August 2002. Vajira Hospital, Bangkok
- Pathoanatomy and pathophysiology of neurogenic claudication
- The 7th Operative spine course 2003, 29-30 January. Chiangmai
- Anterior instrument in scoliosis, The royal college of orthopaedic surgeons of Thailand ( R.C.O.S.T) and the Thai orthopaedic association ( TOA),27 February 2003. Bangkok
- Modurator and guest lecture “ Lower C-spine injuries”, Comprehensive spine course 2003 for clinical practice, 9-10 August . Police hospital Bangkok
- Lumbar degenerative diseaseInternational, Orthopaedic nurse course. 4-30 August 2003. Baromratchachonani College Bangkok.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis “ Natural history, treatment options and surgical indication”The 8thOperative spine course 2004, 21-23 January. Nakornratchasima.
- Low back pain : Treatment that does’t work Brain, Body, Memory & Management , 3-4 May 2004. Bangkok
- Approach to Low back pain,Instructional Course Lecture. The royal college of orthopaedic surgeons of Thailand ( R.C.O.S.T) and the Thai orthopaedic association ( TOA), 18-19 September 2004. Bangkok
- Personal experience in L-S Spine surgery ( PLF ),The 9th Operative spine course 2005, 19-21 January. Chiangmai
- Treatment of Lumbar disc herniation???,Instructional Course Lecture. The royal college of orthopaedic surgeons of Thailand ( R.C.O.S.T) and the Thai orthopaedic association ( TOA), September 2005. Bangkok
- Degenerative Spondylolisthesis, The 10th Operative spine course 2006, 25-27 January. Ubonratchatani
- Isthmic Spondylolisthesis, Comprehensive spine course 2006, 23-24 September. Vajira Hospital, Bangkok
- The use of pedicle screw fixation and surgical technique,MAST & Pedicle Technique Workshop, 3-6 April 2006. Vietnam
- Infection and Arthritis, The 26th Orthopaedic Scrub nurse course, 19 June- 7 July 2006. Lerdsin Hospital ,Bangkok
- Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery, Modernization of Medicine, 1-3 August 2006. Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok
- Isthmic Spondylolisthesis, The 11th Operative spine course 2007, 24-26 January. Chiangmai
- Low back pain, The educational lecture for people by Lerdsin Hospital, 3 January 2007.Bangkok
- Fracture spine and management, The 27th Orthopaedic Scrub nurse course, 4-29 June 2007. Lerdsin Hospital ,Bangkok
- Minimal invasive spine surgery, Impact arena, Muangthongtani 1-3 August 2007
- Metastatic Tumors of Spine: Guideline for Evaluation and Management, Comprehensive spine course 2007,15-16 September. Chulalongkhorn Hospital ,Bangkok
- TB Infection with paraplegia (Anterior approach),The 12th Operative spine course 2008, 16-18 January. Udonthani
- Spinal tuberculosis: Indication & Surgical Management (acute & late sequelae), Basic spine course 2008, 6-7 September. Chulalongkorn Hospital, Bangkok
- Treatment of lumbar degenerative disc disease, Inter Hospital Lecture, 25 September 2008, Pramongkutklao Hospital
- Tuberculosis of spine, Extend the Horizon in Spine and Pediatric orthopaedic, 22-25 October 2008, Royal Cliff Beach Resort, Pattaya.
- TL Fracture Anterior approach : pro & con, The 13th Operative spine course 2009, 21-23 January. Chiangrai
- Spinal Injury, Orthopaedic Training Program. 5-7 June 2009. Rose garden, Nakornprathom
- Spinal stenosis and TB spine, The 29th Orthopaedic Scrub nurse course, 1-24 June 2009. Lerdsin Hospital ,Bangkok
- Management of Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, Comprehensive spine course 2009, September, Thammasat Hospital. Bangkok
- Lumbar spinal stenosis; current concept. Fusion Technique, The 14th Operative spine course 2010, 13-14 January. Chiangmai
- Complications of surgical treatment of TL-fracture, The 15th Operative spine course 2011, 18-21 January 2011.Pullman Khonkaen
- Lumbar spinal fusion: technique and results, The 16th Operative spine course 2012, 17-20 January. Chiangmai
- Lumbar stenosis ; Decompression alone or decompression with fusion
- AO Spine Advances Symposium. 10-11 February 2012. Pramongkutklao Hospital. Bangkok
- L5-S1Isthmic spondylolisthesis high grade with back pain and kyphosis, AO Spine Advances Symposium. 10-11 February 2012. Pramongkutklao Hospital. Bangkok
- Management of Dural tear, The royal college of orthopaedic surgeons of Thailand ( R.C.O.S.T) and the Thai orthopaedic association ( TOA), 20-23 October 2012, Royal Cliff Beach Resort, Pattaya.
- TL-Instrumentation: only stabilization or when fusion needed?, The 17th Operative spine course 2012, 7 November. Chiangmai
- Lower cervical spine fracture: treatment,Tutorial spine course 2013, 30 April -1 May. The royal college of orthopaedic surgeons of Thailand ( R.C.O.S.T). Bangkok
- High grade spondylolisthesis, Bangkok AO Advanced spine symphosium 2013, 4-5 July. Sukosol hotel Bangkok
- Degenerative scoliosis, Basic spine and metabolic bone 2013, 20-22 July. Ramathibodi Hospital Bangkok
- Panelist in Problems of surgery in aging spine: Case analysis and how to correct it? Spine night, 21 September 2013, Centara Grand Ratchaprasong, Bangkok
- Panelist and case presentation in Topic Degenerative lumbar scoliosis The royal college of orthopaedic surgeons of Thailand ( R.C.O.S.T) 20-22 October 2013, Royal Cliff Beach Resort, Pattaya
- Pseudathrosis of L-S spine: Diagnosis,Treatment. The 18th Operative spine course , 21-24 January 2014, Ubonratchatani
- Panelist in Topic :Spinal injury ( case discussion). Basic Spine Course 26-27 July, Phumiphol Hospital, Bangkok
- Panelist in Topic :Aging spine :Fixation/Fusion is more reliable. The 5th Spine night September 6,2014, Millenium Hilton Bangkok Hotel , Bangkok
- Co-Moderator : Free papers Spine V 25th October 2014. The Combined Academic Conference of the 18th Biennial Congress of APOA and The 36th annual meeting of The royal college of orthopaedic surgeons of Thailand ( R.C.O.S.T) 23-25 October 2014, Royal Cliff Beach Resort, Pattaya
- Case presentation; Failed c-spine surgery. Co-modulator; Section Degenerative disease of the lumbar spineLecturer; Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: Hybrid instrumentation The 19thOperative spine course , 21-23 January 2015,Amarin Lagoon Hotel Phitsanulok
- Degenerative L-scoliosis; When to operate and treatment option?
- Joint TPAA-Chula International Medical Congress ,2-3 March 2015
- Panelist in Degenerative lumbar spine. Comprehensive Spine Course 25-26 July 2015 Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok
- Moderator: Sagittal imbalance: A practical guide to problem approach.
- The 6th Spine night September 19,2015. Renaissance Ratchaprasong Bangkok
- Advance technique lumbar Case debates: L5/S1 stenosis . Why I do this – Open TLIF. The 37thAnnual Meeting of The Royal College of Orthopaedic Surgeons of Thailand ( R.C.O.S.T) 24 October 2015 “Harmony of Asian Orthopaedic” Royal Cliff Beach Resort, Pattaya
- Moderator and Case presentation in Controversial in management of isthmic spondylolisthesis ; Problem-cases approach & Decision-making:When, Why& How ? Panelist in Topic Tuberculosis spondylitis Modurator in TL-trauma and C-trauma The 20th Operative spine course , 19-22 January 2016, Banchong Buree Hotel , Surat Thanee
EDITORIAL BOARD & REVIEW WORK
- Textbook of Spine
- Reviewer of Journal of The Royal College of Orthopaedic Surgeon of Thailand ( JRCOST)
- Reviewer of International Journal of Spine Surgery
TRAINING OF CLINICAL SPINE FELLOWS: ( Director of spine fellowship)
- Chaiwat Piyaskulkaew M.D 2008-2009
- Susana sakulpipatana MD 2009-2010
- Weera Sudprasert MD 2010-2011
- Niwet Visetchaisee MD 2011-2012
- Artit Manoprasertkul MD 2012-2013
- Suppachai Punpichet MD 2012-2013
- Pritsanai Pruttikul M.D. 2013-2014
- Manoj Tantimala MD 2014-2015
- Sayan Sumathvanit MD 2014-2015
- Tinakorn Pluemvitayaporn MD 2015-2016
- Ekkaphol Larpumnuayphol MD 2015-2016
- Thanawit Teerawutthichaikit MD 2016-2017